How to Increase Website Performance
Free Website Audit (ABOVE)
There are many things you can do to improve the performance of your website. This is what our Free Website Audit is for! Here are ten easy tips to get you started:
1. Optimize images. Make sure your images are sized appropriately and compressed before uploading them to your site. This will help reduce loading times.
2. Minimize HTTP requests. Combine scripts and style sheets into as few files as possible. This will help reduce the number of requests your browser has to make to load a page.
3. Use a content delivery network (CDN). A CDN will help speed up the delivery of your content, resulting in faster page loading times.
4. Enable caching. Caching stores static pages or components of a page on the user’s computer, which speeds up page loading times the next time they visit.
5. Use a responsive design template. These templates are designed to adapt your website for any mobile or desktop device by responding to its screen size and resolution.
Need a Free Website Audit today! Enter your website and Email Above!
6. Don’t use Flash video. Non-Flash videos will typically load faster, particularly on mobile devices where processing power is relatively limited compared to desktops or laptops with more powerful processors and optimal bandwidth availability.
7. Reduce redirects when linking between pages of your site, particularly if the destination URL is on a different domain name (e.g., www2). When you have multiple URLs pointing at the same content, it can cause an additional delay in page rendering since search engines may index all of these URLs instead of the single, most optimal URL.
9. Simplify the number of outbound links on each page since this can affect how quickly webpage loads by increasing server response time. For best performance, there shouldn’t be more than 10-12 links on any given page.
10. Finally, make sure your website is hosted on a fast and reliable server. This will ensure that your visitors have the best possible experience when visiting your site.
If you’re looking for more ways to improve your website’s performance, be sure to check out our free website audit. We’ll take a look at your website and give you specific recommendations on how to speed it up. Contact us today to learn more!
Paid Search vs SEO – What’s the Difference?
When it comes to online marketing, there are a lot of acronyms and terminology that can be confusing for business owners. Two of the most commonly confused terms are “Paid Search” and “SEO”. While both of these marketing strategies have the goal of increasing website traffic, they achieve this goal in very different ways.
What is PPC?
Paid search, also known as Pay-per-Click (PPC) advertising, is a form of online advertising that allows businesses to place ads on search engines like Google and Bing. When someone searches for a keyword that is related to your business, your ad will appear as one of the top results, allowing you to directly compete with other businesses for that customer’s attention.
One of the benefits of paid search is that you can see immediate results. When you create a PPC ad, it goes live immediately and you can start seeing traffic and conversions from it within minutes. The downside of paid search is that it can be expensive, and you need to continually monitor your campaigns to make sure you’re not overspending or wasting money on ads that aren’t performing well.
What is SEO?
SEO, or search engine optimization, is the process of optimizing your website so that it appears higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). This can be done through a variety of methods, including optimizing your website’s title tags, meta descriptions, header tags, images, and content.
One of the benefits of Cannabis SEO is that it’s a long-term strategy. Once you’ve implemented the necessary changes to your website, you will start seeing results over time as your site gradually climbs the rankings. The downside of SEO is that it can take a while to see results. It can typically take 4-6 months for SEO changes to take effect, and even longer for your website to reach the first page of Google’s search results.
Try Our Free Website Audit TODAY!
So, which one is right for you? Paid search is a great option if you’re looking for immediate traffic and conversions, while SEO is a better choice if you’re looking for long-term results. If you are in the Cannabis business, you know you can’t use PPC.
Purple Noodle Marketing can help you determine which online marketing strategy is best for your business and assist you with implementing it. Contact us today to learn more!