Digital marketing, often known as online marketing, is a type of brand promotion that uses the Internet and other digital communication to engage with potential clients. It’s essentially digital marketing if a marketing campaign revolves around digital/online communication. Digital marketing strategies include blogs, web content, social media, email marketing, videos, and Internet/website advertising. These are pretty effective in reaching audiences over time.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing isn’t just a trendy marketing tool. It’s also the most effective form of marketing discovered to date. And the results are undeniably visible. Businesses have overcome marketing limitations and found massive profits from online leads thanks to Digital Marketing.
There is a lot more to digital marketing than meets the eye. The wonder of advanced technology has enabled businesses worldwide to thrive.
Types of Digital Marketing:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Pay-per-Click (PPC)
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Marketing Analytics
- Affiliate Marketing
Digital marketing employs various strategies to achieve a single goal via multiple channels. For example, consider digital marketing for a company and the process to be the employees who work in various departments. All employees work for the same company with the same goal: to make the company successful. Similarly, all digital marketing strategies collaborate to drive traffic, raise awareness, and convert leads into loyal customers for the company. Let us delve deeper into the seven major digital marketing strategies we mentioned earlier.
What is Digital Marketing Assistant?
A Digital Marketing Assistant is a junior-level Digital Marketer that assists the Digital Marketing team with digital marketing responsibilities. Administrative duties, market research, database upgrades, and generating content for the company’s social media accounts are all options. Although marketing assistants are entry-level employees, their contributions are critical to the marketing department.
You’ll also use Internet marketing analytics to gather information from other websites, update spreadsheets and inventory sites, and produce promotional presentations. In addition, you’ll be in charge of putting together promotional events. You’ll also need to be a natural communicator and provide exceptional customer service.
Things to Know for Becoming a Digital Marketing Assistant
If you want to work as a Digital Marketing Assistant, research the qualification requirements. 81.1 percent of Digital Marketing Assistants have a bachelor’s degree, according to our statistics. A master’s degree is held by 8.1 percent of Digital Marketing Assistants. Although most Digital Marketing Assistants have a college diploma, people with only a high school diploma or GED can work as one.
When learning to become a Digital Marketing Assistant, picking the right TRAINING SOURCE is crucial. When we looked at the most prevalent training sources, we found that most Digital Marketing Assistants had no Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees. Associate degrees and diplomas are two other degrees that we regularly don’t see on resumes for Digital Marketing Assistants. We do see self-taught, youtube training, and AI training. What’s more important is you know what you are doing.
Having the Right Stuff
A bachelor’s degree in mass communication, marketing, or a related discipline is for employment as a digital marketing assistant. Additional education in statistics, behavioral economics, and business administration will help you better understand your target audience and how to market your business. Solid analytical abilities are essential in understanding sales data and strategizing.
The Insights Association offers the Professional Researcher Certification. While this isn’t required, it can help you get a better job. Working with your team requires exceptional interpersonal skills. However, the experience gained does help with any career advancement you desire.
According to a 2010 poll conducted by the American Marketing Association and the employment business Aquent, marketing professionals expect their companies to focus more on the following themes in the coming year. Prospective marketing assistants should familiarize themselves with the following platforms and tools:
- Social media/social networking: 80% (predicted this would be an area of focus)
- Mobile media: 64%
- Blogs: 59%
- Email campaigns: 58%
- Search Engine Marketing (organic): 55%
- Webcasts: 51%
- Public Relations: 50%
- Grassroots promotions: 50%
- Search Engine Marketing (paid): 48%
NB- Newspapers, magazines, and radio were all expected to be an area of declining focus.
Previous job experience may prove beneficial in your pursuit of a position as a Digital Marketing Assistant. For example, many Digital Marketing Assistant positions need prior experience in a marketing internship or similar role. On the other side, many Digital Marketing Assistants have previous job experience in areas such as Internships or Sales Associates.
Becoming a Digital Marketing Assistant
According to Zippia.com, a currently employed Digital Marketing Assistants survey showed the most common and valuable skill sets. Listed below are these said skills and brief descriptions:
- Customer Service: Working with donors and fans to market athletic events via email communications for donation fulfillment provides excellent customer service.
- Company Website: Assists the Marketing and Communications Director with marketing content updates, corporate website updates, newsletter writing, and social media account management.
- Communication: The engineering and marketing departments’ communication channels are made more efficient by gathering and relaying critical text/graphic information to each department.
- Facebook: Creates and manages the company’s business page and analyzes insight data.
- Email Campaigns: Maintains the Microsoft Dynamics CRM database, sends out email campaigns, writes newsletter articles, and collects customer testimonials.
- Trade Shows Assists brokers in acquiring new clients by organizing networking events such as cocktail receptions and trade exhibits.
Digital Marketing Assistant Career Path
Aside from changing your job search, thinking about a career path for your specific work may be beneficial. So, what exactly is a professional path? It’s a road map outlining how to advance from one job title to another. Our career paths are exceptionally detailed, especially in terms of income fluctuations.
For example, if you started as a Digital Marketing Coordinator, you could eventually advance to the position of Digital Marketing Specialist. Then, later in your career, you could become a Director of Digital Marketing.
Average Yearly Salary for Digital Marketing Assistant Career
Digital Marketing Assistants in the United States earn an annual salary of $35,950, or $17 per hour. The top 10% earn more than $54,000 annually, while the bottom 10% earn less than $23,000 annually.
1. Betterteam. (2021, April 22). Digital Marketing Assistant Job Description. https://www.betterteam.com/digital-marketing-assistant-job-description#:%7E:text=Digital%20Marketing%20Assistant%20Requirements%3A,Google%20AdWords%2C%20and%20online%20analytics
2. Gustavsen, A. (2021, December 17). What are the 8 Types of Digital Marketing? SNHU. https://www.snhu.edu/about-us/newsroom/business/types-of-digital-marketing
3. How to Become A Digital Marketing Assistant in 2022: Step by Step Guide And Career Paths. (2021, August 18). Zippia. https://www.zippia.com/digital-marketing-assistant-jobs/
4. How to become a digital marketing assistant: Vanessa’s story. (2022, March 29). BBC Bitesize. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zfsyjhv
5. Job Search – Millions of Jobs Hiring Near You. (2021, August 5). ZipRecruiter. https://www.ziprecruiter.co.uk/redirect?from=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ziprecruiter.com%2FCareer%2FDigital-Marketing-Assistant%2F
6. Marketing Career Information. (2020, October 28). How to Become a Marketing Assistant | Associate Job Description | Salary. Marketing Career Information | What Is Marketing? https://www.marketingcareeredu.org/marketing-assistant/
7. What Does A Marketing Assistant Do. (2020, October 2). Zippia. https://www.zippia.com/marketing-assistant-jobs/what-does-a-marketing-assistant-do/